Monday, March 3, 2014

Cabin Fever

Hi All!!

Its been 1/2 of forever since I blogged and I am really missing it.  We have yet to get Internet at home and I never thought to blog when I'm at the library until now.  Now if I will just remember to go ahead and put the pictures onto the laptop from the real camera. Then I might have fresh material to share. I'll try to be more regular, but no guarantees with this forgetful brain of mine.

To keep this post short I'll just share the latest of info.
Reuben grew up around real maple syruping.  We have only done it a couple times in our married life.  This year being our 2nd time so I am still in the learning phase. We have little over 2 acres where we live and we have lots of trees.  Some of which our sugar Maples. The picture above is our oldest son catching the sap out of the tree :-)

A couple Saturday's ago we spent the entire day boiling our 1st collection of sap.  It is a 50 to 1 ratio. So from all the sap collected we didn't even fill an entire quart jar.  We invited a couple friends over and had a tasting of the finished product over french toast. Very YUMMY!!

Between not have much of a summer last year due to moving and a long winter I have cabin fever really bad.  I find myself looking through the pictures of our trip to Arizona last year where. The bright sunshine and beauty out there seems to ooze warmth and helps to get me through these blues. The above picture was taken in Oak Creek Canyon, AZ on the trip down from Flagstaff to Sedona.

All sign of winter has been taken down and put away until next year.  This is on top of the fridge. The beehive reads "Home is where your honey is!" I'm glad we are now in March because it brings us closer to mowing grass, planting flowers, veggies, and always being able to go outside without a coat. Can you tell I am REALLY looking forward to Spring?! :-)

Last week I started a very part time job - Fridays and Saturdays. Its a little bulk food store with a deli - The Dutch Cupboard.  So if you are ever in Columbiana, OH stop in and say hi!

Kids are getting grumpy so I better close and take them home.  Have a good evening!!





1 comment:

  1. I'll have to remind RB that home is where his honey is!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...