Tuesday, March 11, 2014

How We Spend 70* Days

It has been 4 LONG months of winter and today we had the most beautiful day. Giving us a hopeful glimpse of what is coming...Someday! There was no way I was going to stay inside and do housework when blue skies, sunshine, and 70 degrees was outside calling to me. All 3 boys were at school which allowed Katie and I to have a good quality girl day.
Today was spent doing what matters in real life - re-assembling Katie girl's playhouse. It has been stored behind the garage since moving here and every chance she has had she go and try to play with it. Can't get too far with something that is in pieces. After gathering the morning sap I asked her if she would like me to put it together. YES!!

I hope I never have to do that job again. Its hard work to be a big kid in a little house :-) Not to mention all the spiders and cobwebs.

Then the real fun for me was a little yard work around this here stump. The house has been moved behind it so as to have a front yard flower bed. As a little girl I LOVED the little flower bed my mom put next to my playhouse. I was allowed to plant whatever I wanted in it. Plus it was my job to keep it looking nice. Probably where my love for gardening began. So I hope to pass the same inspiration on to my little girl.

A little digging took place so as to install a sidewalk. 

A little red rock was gathered from near the big house.

Much better then a yellow brick road if you ask me. 

Now we are ready and waiting for Springtime so we can fill this all in with flowers. A plant saucer on top of the stump for the birds. And who knows what all. But we are going to have fun.

And that is how we spent our first real warm day.  We sweated a little, got our hands muddy, ripped up our hands pulling twigs and thistles, which made it a GOOD day!!

Good Night All!!







1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful day spent with your little one setting up her playhouse. Darling little walk and yes, so much better then a yellow brick road. She looks so cute peeking out the window. I am sure she will have lots of summer fun. Planting flowers will be so special. Thank you for stopping by and your kind comments
    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...