Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Getting Ready :-)

Excitement is building around here. At least, for me it is. The count down is on - 1 week from today a plane from Las Vegas, Nevada will land in Pittsburgh, PA carrying precious cargo. My Mother!! 

This month of this year my oldest sibling will go over the hill in age :-) hee hee Mom is making a point to come and celebrate his milestone. Of course, 5 days after he goes over the hill we will celebrate my birthday. But I'm not even close to being that old...yet...!!

A couple days ago I get a phone call while I'm busy pulling weeds around my tomato plants. "Hey Suz, this is your Dad. Your mom is coming in such and such a day at such and such time. She'll probably be at your house for breakfast the next morning." Those are sweet, sweet words. So I go into action. The Windex and window squeegee comes out and produces windows without finger and paw prints. A rag finds it way to all the dust-baseboards, book-shelves, etc... Furniture gets re-arranged. Some moved to completely different rooms. 
You could say another round of Spring cleaning has hit this house.

The little round table that sat in this corner got demoted to the living room. And the 2nd extra chair was put in it's place
Now the furniture in this room is symmetrical - not that I ever cared :-)

The little chair that sat in this corner was given a lift. Now it no longer looks lost.

My large cast iron fork and spoon were added to this display. As well as the pewter plate at the far, left top. You can't see it's details but the plate has a seen of grain being harvested the old way engraved into it with the caption "Give us this day our daily bread".

Our engagement picture that had been framed by a plain Jane oak is now framed in fancy schmancy. Found at a yard sale for $2.00. It looks tons better.

My hope chest that had sat in the living room has been moved to the front entry. And all the stuff that had been on the table in dining room now finds it's home here.
\
A basket of bears to great you if you choose to come to the front door.
I think it added the perfect touch to this part of the house. 

Extra little touches have been added to this corner of the living room. 
Next to tackle will be my bedroom. Not much to do but dust, sweep, and mop. I run a pretty organized ship around here. Everything has a home - I'm not one of those OCD freaks where everything is tucked in matching baskets with labels. One does not need to go to that extreme to keep de-cluttered. 

I can't wait! This is the 1 week of summer I hope fly's.

For random sake:
Mr. Z doing what?!! Hmm!! :-)

Have a great evening y'all!!











4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Kayla :-)
      Glad you stop by. Trust you are having a good summer. Got your newsletters yesterday and have enjoyed reading them.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Kim! I'm definitely planning too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...