Monday, August 11, 2014

My Back-Yard Retreat and Other Randoms

Greetings & Salutations!!
Oh yeah, Hey All :-)

Sorry about that, for a moment I forgot who I was. ;-)

Do you remember this picture from back in late winter? It was a random, freak day. 70 degrees. The warm weather had dragged me and Katie outside. I hauled her house down to the area where our garden would be planted. This stump was a weedy, brier mess before I was done with it.
This is what it looked like this evening in the rain.
It's a perfect, cozy setting with irises, Black-eyed Susans, red Inpatients, and black berries
As you can imagine, Katie and Sam both love to play here.

I think this is my favorite part of summer. All the flowers we planted from seed are blooming. They are big, beautiful, and fill in all the empty places. This is our patio off the living room. 
We have Zinnas
They come in pink, red, and orange - so far.
Some Marigolds.

Across the front of patio.
We have lots of Cosmos.
We have Sunflowers, but I didn't take a picture of those cause they aren't blooming yet.

Morning Glories creeping their way up the bird feeder. These flowers take me back to my childhood. Mom used to plant them by the front door and they grew up the side of the porch. I can't wait to see their blue faces.

Our coral rose bush.

Ryan got to go with Mr. Z on a special mission a couple days ago. Feeling left our, I offered to play a game with Lucas. Can you believe it! At almost 34 years old I played my first ever Candy-Land game. Either I had a deprived childhood or my parent's thought I was more deserving of something that would stimulate the brain :-) He beat me 2 out of the 3 games :-)

Apple caramel cake - YUM!! A cake that will give you mixed feeling about Autumn. I Love Love Autumn, but I'm just really enjoying this summer. 

I have a few pieces of sterling silver. It was badly in need of a good polishing. Guess what, I don't have any. So I improvised.
These plus boiling water were my ingredients.
I lined a basin with the foil. Laid my pieces on top of foil and sprinkled generously with baking soda.
Then I poured boiling water into basin and used wooden spoon to swish everything around.
Warning: it's a stinky task. Smells like sulphur water.
I didn't do the sugar bowl holding candle. But the other pieces were really improved. 

For random sake:
Only 2 days to go and Mom with be here!!!

Today has been a very rainy day. It's August. Walking to the garden I heard the train whistle.
What do those 3 things have in common with you New Yorkers?

Answer: Binghamton Camp :-)

Have a good night y'all!
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...