Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Winter Scenes Around Blueberry Lane

Snowflakes
by: Emily Dickinson

I counted till they danced so
Their slippers leaped the town
And then I took a pencil
To note the rebels down.
And then they grew so jolly
I did resign the prig.
And ten of my once stately ten toes
Are marshalled for a jig!

Hello All!!
Since I haven't posted all year :) I figured I better get a move on. Haven't really had much to say. But then again, things have been a bit busy with the holidays. Going here and there, people coming, and then the back to school rush. Yesterday after supper I entered
into slow-down, lets take life easy mode. It's the 'me' mode. I hate all the rush. I feel like I never get anything accomplished except frazzled nerves.

This morning we woke up to a white world. I must admit, if it has to be cold and winter, snow might as well cover the brown drab. Don't mistake! I much prefer flowers blooming in my gardens...
After picking up the kids from school I took down the outside Christmas lights. Since I was already dressed for the elements I walked around and took a few snaps so I'd have something to blog about :) So here you have it, a few wintery scenes around Blueberry Lane.

My garden, peacefully sleeping. It might be winter but that doesn't stop me from dreaming and exploring Pinterest for ideas for this spot :)

The fire-pit's wood pile that needs staking.

If you look close enough you will see the ladder stand I shot my deer from. 
The view from up there is great.

It really is beautiful!

But this is my preferred method when looking at the snow :)
From inside, near the fire. Ah, yes! This is more like it :)

I got this amazing "toy" for Christmas. It is a cutting machine. Now I can make my own stencils, I'll never have to cut out letters for the bulletin board ever again, and any vinyl decals I want.
This was my first project. Letters for January's bulletin board. Wow! What a breeze. I've already designed a coffee stencil but haven't cut it yet. Can't wait to see how it works :) My mind has been going full speed thinking of all I can do with this machine. I'm sure you will be seeing lots of projects being blogged about :)

This is how I used my cut out letters.

Well that's it for this round. Have a good night, stay safe and warm.
Your's Truly :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...