Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas In the Kitchen

YES, A HOME IS MADE OF MANY ROOMS
EACH ONE HAS IT'S PLEASURES
BUT THE KITCHEN IS THE BEST OF ALL
FOR FINDING HIDDEN TREASURES -- author unknown

I switched out my usual curtain for this lace, "Joy to the World" hanger my mother bought me several Christmas' ago. The light from outside makes this picture look washed out. I love how it brightens the kitchen.

One can't help but love this little guy wearing a pair of my boy's snow boots :)

Don't you wish that Christmas 
Was a Currier and Ives scene
Where the snow was falling softly
In the woods of evergreen
Where horses pulled the sleighs
Through the village and the fields -- Roger Turner

I prefer to decorate my Christmas' with snowmen and pine so that I can keep it up all winter long.

The lights twinkle and my youngest 2 have been thrilled with them ever since I put them up :)

Patches - my favorite snowman.  I love his colors!
He makes me smile :)

Sam love this big guy.  It's been a fun day pulling them all out and finding a special spot for each one.


Nothing like a pot of cones :) They are good for what ails ya!

Cinnamon cones make my table smell wonderful!

Today's extra-curricular activity: painting this sign. Love how it turned out. 

Happy birthday, Jesus
I'm so glad it's Christmas
All the tinsel and lights
And the presents are nice
But the real gift is You

Happy birthday, Jesus
I'm so glad it's Christmas
All the carols and bells
Make the holiday swell
And it's all about You
l ]
Happy birthday, Jesus
Jesus I love You
            -- Carol Cymbala
Partying at:

Rose Chintz Cottage

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet post and your Patches snowman is adorable! I keep my SnowBabies out all winter too and they are special because they each represent a family memeer. You have a charming decor and I enjoyed my visit. I like your poems and I love Carol Cymbala's choir! Thank you for coming by and sharing with us.

    Christmas blessings,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...