Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I'm on a roll :)

And no I don't mean rolling down a hill. :P  A few posts ago I told you I had taken up crocheting.  Since that post I have covered several yards with yarn. I thought I'd give you an update on my projects.
(Looks like a turtle)
In the older post I was working on a green scarf for Sam.  He saw a hat on the side of the skein and begged for a hat.  After I finished making all my kids a scarf I made his hat.

I have made a total of 4 scarves - this one is Katie's.  I did hers different from the others. Just because I wanted it to look soft and girly :)

My latest thing is the towel toppers.  They don't take long which is what my ADD likes. LOL  I have made several just in the last couple days and will be adding these to my Etsy store.
These towels aren't my style give me the above rooster any day.  But seems like we have reverted back to the 70s (I think, 70s was before my time) with the colors I see in stores. These are going on Etsy.

While looking for buttons for the 2 above I remembered an old cedar box I had in my hope chest. Apparently I hadn't looked in the little box in a very long time. This is what I saw when I opened the lid -
My old name tag from college choir.  Oh the memories that came flooding back upon seeing this :)  Isn't it funny how that happens.  I don't even know if they use these anymore.  Any of you former classmates still have yours? 

I love the colors in these. They look so Springy!!  Which makes me happy!!

I'm enjoying making all these things.  I've even messed with doily yarn and made a couple things with that.  It feels good to keep my hands busy and being productive.

Partying at:







1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I keep saying I need to take up needlework of some kind. It just hasn't happened yet.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...