Friday, February 8, 2013

Why I Blog...

My husband simply can't wrap his head around the whole blogging thing.  To him nothing else on the Internet exists outside Facebook and Words with Friends. hahaha  He is always saying "I don't know how you do it".  Well I don't know how he can keep playing that boring word game :P LOL  So I thought I would share why I quit Facebook and went to blogging full time.

Google
I am a writer, albeit a causal writer.  I don't write for $$ and I don't write every spare moment of my waking hours.  I write because I love it!!  And I only write as the inspiration comes.  Believe you me without inspiration it's a flat, dead piece.  I wouldn't want you to waste your time trying to decipher my thoughts. Some of my stories have been published in religious publications and Sunday School papers.  But I've just not been satisfied with that.  I wanted a vehicle that would allow anyone to read my articles without having to email them here and there and everywhere in hopes to have it published.  I am finding that blogging has become the perfect solution.  Many people have found my articles just by doing a Google search.  My hope is that they will find what they read to be a help to them whatever their search maybe.

Google
Anymore Facebook has become more of a heart-attack then a fun social site. My news-feed was getting more and more filled up with senseless pictures with sometimes funny sayings (Has technology really made us so lacking in creativity). I will admit I posted a few myself but after awhile enough is enough already.

News articles that people would post, and yes I'm the type that just has to read it, would always get my blood to boiling.  What kind of idiot government and society do we have anyhow?!?!?!  I'll tell ya - a scary one and I love my sheltered life away from it all.  It's a lot more heart healthy!!!

I LOVE creativity and there can be none of that on Facebook.  You post pictures in a separate album, yes you can make comments with the pictures but the humor with that is only followed so far.  People don't read longish statuses cause FB has trained folks to have the attention span of a gnat. LOL

Pinterest
My Blog is allowing me the freedom to create with every post a fun and/or pretty yet creative experience.  Whatever my mood I can set the tone for it.  I'm loving that!!  This past weekend my article "Sunny-side Up" became a featured post over at "Old Time Party".  I deem that a real honor, and only in blog-land is that possible.
Google
Pinterest
Buried somewhere in the bottom of a dresser lies yellow, lined paper.  It is in fact, a large tablet still ruled open to the page I left it.  It is a book in the making on a topic that is near and dear to my heart ♥.  I hope and pray that someday I will be given the opportunity to gain more experience so that I can write with the confidence of an authority on the subject.
 Until then I will go on writing here at "Zeigler's Homestead" providing from time to time articles that I pray brings you a chuckle, some tears maybe, but most of all hope.  There is a lost and dying world whose hearts are hurting and I want to share Jesus with them.   

5 comments:

  1. God bless you as you share your heart with others!
    I'm glad God gave the writing ability to some to bless those of us that aren't as askilled in that area. Keep writing and posting pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't do Facebook either and no one seems to understand my feelings about it since I blog. Sigh. I believe some of us just want a simpler life. Honored to feature you at the Old Time Party.
    Farmhouse hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't Facebook either, except for my store. It always felt like a party line to me. Thought the comment 'attention span of a gnat' was very perceptive. Unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still FB, I love WWF ha. I have read several things that you've had published. I'm with you, if you love to write a blog's the way to go. It's also a great way of preserving memories and life events. I blog for myself, because I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about blogs and FB. And I feel the same about the exposure. Like minds come looking for you. To me blogging is like publishing your own little book or magazine. You don't have to wait for permission to be seen in print. I love that you follow your heart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...