Monday, June 11, 2012

A Lesson from Posies & Kids :)


My kids are doing one of the things they seem to do best and that is to fight and be mean to each other.  All the while going out to the wildflower field next to us and picking me flowers.  The flowers are pretty and the orange matches my kitchen perfectly.  It is a sweet gesture of love.  But for this mom, it don't seem like it with the fighting going on at the same time.

After the 2nd handful was delivered I very nicely informed them that I wanted their fighting to STOP more than I wanted flowers.  Yep, the one kid shed some tears.  But that's ok.  It's better he have his feelings hurt from the truth.

As I walked back into the house the thought occurred to me, that whole picture is a lot like some "Christians" I know.  We are all about giving God our "gifts", and many do a very good job.  However, they gossip and knit-pick about their "brothers & sisters" in Christ.  I have a strong feeling God feels the same (probably worse)  about this sin problem that I do about my kids.

2 Corinthians 12:20
For I am afraid that when I come I may not find you as I want you to be, and you may not find me as you want me to be. I fear that there may be discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorder.

Blessings to ya!!

1 comment:

  1. Great point and a great reminder! Enjoyed reading your blog!!! ~ Joy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...