Saturday, November 3, 2012

Day 3 - My Heavenly Father


















13 years ago this month I made a decision that drastically changed the course of my life.  Kneeling beside my bed I accepted the gift of salvation. I had reached a point where I knew that without forgiveness of sins and a clear conscience, life would not be worth living.  Did life become nothing but roses?  No, but a life that is free from guilt and condemnation and having personal a relationship with God makes for a sweet sweet journey.

Today I am thankful for a merciful God who was faithful to my sinful, rebellious heart.  He honored the prayers of my mom and dad who prayed for me.  I probably seemed like a hopeless case to the human eye, but from God's point of view I was everything He desired.  And that is because God is love!!

Of Jesus’ love that sought me, when I was lost in sin;
Of wondrous grace that brought me back to His fold again;
Of heights and depths of mercy, far deeper than the sea,
And higher than the heavens, my theme shall ever be.
  • Refrain:
    Sweeter as the years go by,
    Sweeter as the years go by,
    Richer, fuller, deeper, Jesus’ love is sweeter,
    Sweeter as the years go by.  --Leila N. Morries 1912



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...