Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Day 7 - Thankful for Peace


On this cold, November morning I am thankful for peace.  Last night I joined millions of fellow Americans by tuning into a news source and listening to hear what our election results were to be.  As an American that is exciting and patriotic!!  It was fun to sit and read what my friends on FB were saying.  There is something about voting that just makes you feel connected with fellow citizens. 

As a Christian, my world view is different.  I have watched nothing but deterioration take place in my America.  We are in a day when there is no definite black and white, everything is gray.  Even in much of the church world.  Sadly, I watched America throw herself over the precipice of darkness and evil.  She was given a chance yesterday to choose right from wrong. Example:  abortion, same-sex marriage, euthanasia, drugs... I can't even begin to fathom the grief of God over a nation that once stood firm for truth and what is right.

The stock market has already fallen. Israel is feeling isolated, life is no longer sacred or safe, people are wanting to "run for the hills".  Yes, I do have some fear but it is not for me. But for my children and the rest of my family who are not ready.  Today I am looking ever before to Philippians 4:7 - "And the peace of God which transcends all understanding , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

The God of peace be with you all. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...