Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Basement Laundry Makeover

Every place I've lived outside of my parent's home the laundry area has always been much to be desired.  Usually in basements - need I say more?!  This house has the best I have ever seen which gave me a desire to spruce it up. It's MY work space so why not. Who says I have to look at boring block walls. Who says laundry rooms are just laundry rooms with a flip of the hand as though this necessary room doesn't deserve better treatment. 

So while at Wally World one morning I stood and studied the paint cards, but only for a brief moment cause I already knew I wanted yellow. I wanted some cheer in MY work area! And not wanting to spend a lot of $$ I purchased the cheapest paint which is Colorplace.  Feeling tightwadish I didn't even purchase a roller pad. I knew I had a good brush already and I would use it even if it took me 3.5 hours to do the job.  So for a whopping total of $16.00 I transformed my laundry area.

I wasn't sure how to hang things on the block walls so I improvised.  Everything has been secured by beautiful rusty wire that is then wrapped around nails tapped into studs at the top of the block walls :-) My Mommy always taught me "where there's a will, there's a way". 

Yep! Its still a basement but I love my thrown together results.  Just need to find some throw rugs to put in front of both washer and dryer and it will feel more complete. 

The walls had been 2 different colors. The 1 wall looking dirty. I couldn't be happier with the results. Paint is an amazing invention. Bless the person who discovered it. :-)

You probably didn't expect to see me back so fast after yesterday's post did ya?! Been meaning to do this and yesterday gave me the nudge to get it done.

I hope these simple pictures have given you some inspiration to just go do that project you've been putting off. It always feels good to do stuff life this and I've proven it can be done at minimal cost.

Have a great day!!

Partying at:




1 comment:

  1. It's amazing how much fun work can be if there's "pretty" around us. Your laundry space makes me smile. And for $16.00 -- awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...