Saturday, April 20, 2013

"I've Got No Reason To Quit" & Neither Do You!!!



This song needs to be heard by every Christian and then it needs to become the theme of their heart/life. I don't know if Mike and Brenda wrote this song or not either way I am so glad they brought it with them to IHC (Inter-church Holiness Convention).

I'm not very old but already I've seen enough to know that if you are a Christian the enemy of your soul (Satan) is working over time to get you to quit. Sadly, the ways he gets you to quit aren't always obvious they are little areas in your life. It might be things you allow into your life knowing that God isn't pleased. But you console yourself thinking it's okay because everyone else is doing it.  Maybe someone(s) (another Christian) has hurt you and you allow bitterness to take up residence in your heart. Consoling yourself that it is okay because you are a "victim". It might even be that God has used you in many ways to accomplish great things for His kingdom and somewhere along the way it went to your head.  Or maybe it's all those little mistakes that you seem to be constantly making. Satan loves that one right there.  He slips down beside you and whispers in your ear - "you know you're a loser, why don't you just quit. Then you won't have to worry about what a hypocrite people think you are." "Just think of the freedom you will have!"

My heart aches for people I know that have quit.  Living for today is all they can think about.  Seemingly not worried that eternity is what counts.  Life is not over when we've breathed our last breathe here on earth and our body gets laid in the ground.  Our souls leave our earthly body and it goes to one of two places-Heaven or Hell.  We live in a society that has not concept of Hell, but friend it is a real place. And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. Luke 16:23.

Thankfully hell is a place we don't have to go to.  God is a loving God and He wants His creation to love Him in return because they want to, He gave to all humans a free-will.  And it is our free will that has to make the choice what our eternal destiny will be - Heaven or Hell. It's our free-will that says "I've got no reason to quit". That free-will also can say "oh what's the use, Satan is right. Freedom for today is so much easier."  Can I let you in on a little secret, true freedom will never be found in self, but rather falling in love with Jesus. 

Christian whatever it is that you might be struggling with here is some reminders:
Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. Psalm 73:26

But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; theshall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

God is on your side Christian!! Go read the back of the book (Bible) and you will see that He has already fought the battle and we win!!!  

Set your GPS for eternity and make sure you are headed true North for Heaven. God has given us our road map and with it comes blinders so that we don't get side tracked by all the different exits we pass. But it's up to you to use them, God gives them to you but He won't put them on you.  Once you get going don't stop, don't even look back.  Because "you have no reason to quit".

Listen to the song and let it bless your heart like it does to mine every time I hear it.  One of the reasons I wanted to blog this song was so I would have convenient access to it :)  So far my kids aren't sick of it yet.

A little side note cause I want to share this for fun. I listened to the song as it was being played live via live-streaming over at www.ihconvention.com.  While listening to the Mayhle's sing my mind traveled back about 26 years ago when Mike & I were kids. We grew up a little but together until I was 8 and my family moved away. The church we all attended back in those days had a small Christian Academy that was attached to back of the church building. One of Mike and I's favorite past time when our school work was done was to go into the church and play church. I led the singing and then he would preach.  We always meant real business, we did everything with such vigor. We sang and shouted at the top of our lungs and he always got into it when preaching.  Today, it blesses my heart that God is using Mike and his family to minister for Him. I can't help but think there had been some strong foundation building taking place when we were kids.  Lord help us to stay true to the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...