Thursday, April 25, 2013

Oh God! Heal Our Land!

When you lift up your hands in prayer, I will not look. Though you offer many prayers, I will not listen, for your hands are covered with the blood of innocent victims.   Isaiah 1:15

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.  
 Psalm 139:13-16

If you pay attention to current news you are well aware of the case concerning Kermit Gosnell.  (Kermit=fat, wart-covered frog, yep his momma named him well) If you want to read the latest news on him I included a link in his name. Beware, it's not for the timid of heart nor the weak of stomach.

When I read/hear about the practices of abortion clinics and the procedures they do to perform their murders and then the extra procedures they do to make sure that their kill was permanent.  I ALWAYS wonder what did these people allow into their lives to cause them to step out of the realm of humanity and into monster-hood.  Do these people even sleep at night?  How can they live with themselves?  There is an evilness here that I don't comprehend nor do I desire.

If you know anything of ancient history you know that abortion has been practiced at one time or another over the last 5,000 years.  The Egyptians thought nothing of controlling their population. The mighty Rome of that day seemed to thrill at every type of bloodshed, they didn't care how it was done - in a gladiator packed full of people or in a quiet room somewhere.  History should be a warning to us that if you provoke the wrath of God fury and judgment will follow.  
Therefore have I poured out mine indignation upon them; I have consumed them with the fire of my wrath: their own way have I recompensed upon their heads, saith the Lord God. Ezekiel 22:31

If you read the above article you will learn that this nation is on a runway, the landing lane, and it won't be a smooth landing.  I don't know who the wicked people are that are paying off this judge.  But God does, and the very fact that this is happening in a one-time-Christian nation should have every Christian down on their knees, humbling themselves before God Almighty and asking forgiveness.  
If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. II Chronicles 7:14

I hear a lot from people who don't want God in their life because they know He doesn't fit their lifestyle. They want to live without guilt for all their wrong doing. They always say that America was never a Christian nation so therefore it's okay to do away with "In God We Trust", etc... 
This picture is high on my wish-list :)

All I can say is they've educated themselves on the "wisdom" of fools.  
“The propitious smiles of heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregard the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."

Inaugural address 1789” 
― George Washington

If George Washington were alive today and the above picture repainted, there would be tears flowing from his eyes.  Coming home from school the other day the kids were listening to a "Your Story Hour" tape titled "George Washington".  My heart cried out as I listened to the true story account of that man's life "God give us another George Washington." Will my cry be answered?? Only if Christians will humble themselves before God and repent.  

The only peace I find in the atrocities that is being done abortion clinics across this nation and even around the world for that matter, life in Heaven has welcomed every single one of these precious little bundles.  Their earthly mother may have shut the door in their face but on the other side is the open arms of Jesus.  His arms are big, and I like to picture in my mind Him cradling all of them at one time. Imagine that one for a few minutes and it will make you smile.  

Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home.
--Isaac Watts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I enjoy hearing from each of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...